The CMC website has had a bit of a makeover as you can probably see. If you not sure how to use it please see the help section.
If you are a club member and need to logon then all passwords have been changed. You may have received an email with a new password but this may have been marked as Spam by your email client. If so just click the login button at the bottom of this page and choose lost password or click here. A new password will be sent out by email.
Please note that the site is still undergoing construction over the next few weeks so if all does not function correctly hopefully that will be changed ASAP.
I do appreciate that the site will be different and possibly a little learning will be required in order to use like the last version. I have carried over from the old website most articles and posts dating back a year which seemed relevant. If you know of something from the old site that is now missing and you want adding back please let me know (I have access to the old site files). The main features which the site will benefit from are listed below.
- Much better handling of images with more intuitive methods for uploads.
- More open to non-members (this has been discussed and agreed with the committee) – BY DEFAULT ‘posts’ and their associated comments are available to anyone looking at the website. You can restrict the content if you wish (see help). This has been done for
- Social media integration. Posts will be published to Facebook and to Twitter each time you add one. This means club members who use Facebook and don’t look very often at the website will be kept up to date.
- Email – You can subscribe to the website and you will receive an email every time someone adds a new post. That is quite useful and recommended – the subscribe form is at the bottom of each page. You can unsubscribe at any time.
- There are far fewer options for users. Essentially you add a ‘Post’ in order to discuss something new. You add an event for something like a meet. You can comment on ‘posts’ and ‘events’. Sorry there is not an individual blog option.
- Works and re-sizes well on mobile phones.
- New members can fill in an application form to join the club online.
Feel free to post any comments you wish about the new website below.