- This event has passed.
A Barden Moor Circuit.
July 31 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
A circular walk of around 17.5 km (11 miles) with 450 m (1500 feet) of ascent. A gentle moorland walk for our first official Club Walking Meet for a year and a half.
Starting (10am) at the Halton Moor car park (SE 077 553) on the Eastby to Barden minor road and going via the Lower and Upper reservoirs, Burnsal and Thorpe Fell, Rolling Gate, Rylstone War Memorial and back via Embsay Moor. The route will be mainly on tracks with about a mile across heather. Good views all round in clear weather.
If the small car parking area is full there are several other areas heading towards Barden
I hope you will decide to come and let me (Dick) know in advance after having a good look at the statement below.
Whilst most legal restrictions have been released and the guidance from BMC no longer requires formal risk assessments the club committee decided that we would continue to keep a list of attendees on meets and would have a reminder of things we would probably all aim to do to reduce risk.
In advance of the meet please let the meet coordinator know of your intention to attend via email or WhatsApp. This is to ensure a record of participants can be held in case of a positive COVID-19 test.
In order to attend the meet, participants should consider that they are comfortable with adhering to the following:
• I am aware that the current COVID-19 pandemic brings a number of known risks and a number of unknown risks. I have chosen to partake in a CMC meet in this knowledge.
• I have not had a positive test for COVID-19 in the last ten days prior to the meet.
• I have not been told to self-isolate in the last 10 days due to COVID-19.
• If I have COVID-19 symptoms at the time of the meet, then I will inform the meet coordinator and immediately go home.
• If I have COVID-19 symptoms in the 10 days following the meet, then I will inform the meet coordinator and NHS test and trace.
By confirming attendance participants commit to the following ways to reduce risk:
• I understand that during the meet I should maintain a social distance wherever possible.
• I will bring my own hand sanitiser and/or anti-bacterial wipes for personal use and use them regularly.
• I will bring my own personal supplies such as first aid kit, food, and drink.
• I will stay within my competence level for the activity being undertaken during this meet to reduce risk of an incident and need to call on emergency services.
• If I need to assist with first aid of another participant, I will use best PPE available. I will minimise close contact as far as practically possible while arranging for emergency service assistance if needed. I acknowledge that the CMC recommends all participants should have a mask and gloves in their first aid kit.
• As far as possible I will avoid sharing equipment and will quarantine any items that have been shared during the meet for 72 hours before using it again.
Walking meets typically involve all participants gathering together at start and end of a walk. The above points are relevant to the whole meet but you should be particularly careful at the start, end and at any intermediate stops to avoid unnecessary close contacts.